Try on SimplyTest.me
Try HAX on Simplytest me in a few steps without needing to install anything
- Go to Simplytest me and pick HAX module
- Pick 8.x-3.0 or 7.x-3.0
- Log in, go to Administration -> Configuration -> Content Authoring -> Web components
- Change the "CDN Location" to be https://webcomponents.psu.edu/cdn/
Getting HAX setup in Drupal CMS
HAX works with Drupal 8, 7 and all the way back to 6 (mostly to prove a point). While the install routines are largely the same make sure you follow the directions for your flavor of Drupal if it has any branching steps. Drupal 8 is the easiest to get setup while 7 and 6 require some additional modules to get going.
- Go to the HAX project page on drupal.org
Download the module for your platform and follow the directions found in the README.md
- Be aware that the Drupal 8 version of HAX does not
require the web components module while Drupal 6 and 7 do
Enable the HAX module
- Drupal 6 and 7 have these files in the CopyThisStuff
folder found in the web components module
so make sure you get that!
Go to a node in your site, you should see a tab that says "HAX mode"
Enjoy HAXing your Drupal site!
- Web components module too if in Drupal 6 / 7
Special note on Drupal 7
In order to get the upload capabilities in Drupal 7 you'll need to download the File Entity
modules as well